Applied Statistics, Graduate CertificateView Checksheet
Minimum Total Hours: 15
Program Code: G215 (G216 Online)
- Students must have a ≥ 3.0 GPA for courses applied to the graduate certificate to earn the graduate certificate.
- Courses for which a grade of less than C is earned will not apply toward the certificate.
- at least half of all credit hours must be at or above the 5000-level.
- No more than 6 credits hours may be taken from courses offered by the Gallogly College of Engineering (i.e., C S and/or DSA courses).
The certificate courses require pre-requisites in Linear Algebra and Calculus, Coding, and basic Statistics.
|Choose one course in Mathematical Statistics 1||3|
|Choose one course in Intermediate Statistics 1||3|
|Choose 2 courses in Statistics and Computing 1||6|
|Choose one course in Interdisciplinary Applied Statistics 1||3|
|Total Credit Hours||15|
Lists of courses approved for each of these categories are maintained by the Data Scholarship Program.
A graduate certificate is not a graduate degree. A graduate degree represents a program of independent inquiry beyond the depth of coursework alone, while a graduate certificate represents a set of courses only.
- All courses must be taken at OU. No transfer credit will apply.
- No course substitutions are permitted for graduate certificates.
- Coursework applied to a graduate certificate cannot be more than five years old as of the semester the graduate certificate is awarded.
- Students must earn a grade point average of 3.00 or higher on all coursework applied to the graduate certificate.