Art, MinorView Checksheet
Minimum Total Credit Hours: 18
Program Code: N065
The requirements for a minor must be completed concurrently with the major degree requirements.
No minor may be added by completing courses after receiving the bachelor’s degree.
See form available in Fine Arts Dean’s office:
- Complete 2 copies of this form, and have both copies approved by an Art Faculty advisor.
- Take one copy to the OU School of Visual Arts office, Fred Jones Center, Rm. 202.
- Take one copy to the Office of the Dean, Weitzenhoffer Family College of Fine Arts FJC122.
- An Art faculty member selected by the student should serve as an advisor regarding course selection for the Art Minor degree.
No single course may be used by a student to satisfy a major requirement and a minor requirement.
Students must earn a minimum grade of C in each course.
A minimum of 9 hours must be upper division studio courses.
A maximum of 6 hours of transfer credit may be applied to the Art minor.
- Students must achieve a minimum 2.50 GPA (OU and overall) in the minor coursework.
|Students must successfully complete at least eighteen (18) hours of coursework. A minimum of 15 hours must be in ART and/or ATC and may take up to 3 hours in ARTC or AHI. A minimum of 9 hours must be upper-division studio courses. 1||18|
|Total Credit Hours||18|
Minors are available to all undergraduate students at OU. If the minor is officially declared and approved, successfully completed, and noted on the graduation application, the student’s transcript will so indicate at the time the bachelor’s degree is posted.