Social Work with American Indians, Graduate Certificate

View Checksheet

Minimum Total Hours: 15

Program Code: G104 (Online: G105)

The Anne and Henry Zarrow School of Social Work offers an embedded Graduate certificate in Social Work with American Indians. Typically obtaining a certificate does not add courses to your MSW degree but rather specifies the electives taken.

Courses cannot be double counted towards more than one graduate certificate, and certificates cannot be added post-graduation.

Certificate Requirements

S WK 5343Social Work with American Indians3
S WK 5303American Indian Behavioral Health3
S WK 5283Tribal-U.S.Child/Family Welfare Policy and Practice3
Choose 6 hours from S WK and/or NAS as approved by the Graduate Liaison and Social Work with American Indians Certificate Coordinator6
Total Credit Hours15

A graduate certificate is not a graduate degree. A graduate degree represents a program of independent inquiry beyond the depth of coursework alone, while a graduate certificate represents a set of courses only.

  • All courses must be taken at OU. No transfer credit will apply.
  • No course substitutions are permitted for graduate certificates.
  • Coursework applied to a graduate certificate cannot be more than five years old as of the semester the graduate certificate is awarded.
  • Students must earn a grade point average of 3.00 or higher on all coursework applied to the graduate certificate.