Clinical Mental Health Counseling, M.H.R.View Checksheet
Minimum Total Hours (Non-Thesis): 60
Program Code: M200
- This program is Non-Thesis Only.
|Core Courses (9 hours, shared with standard MHR program)|
|H R 5003||Theoretical Foundations Of Human Relations||3|
|H R 5013||Current Problems In Human Relations||3|
|H R 5023||Research in Human Relations||3|
|Concentration (24 hours)|
|H R 5403||Psycho-Social Development||3|
|H R 5453||Ethical Issues in H R Counseling||3|
|H R 5483||Diagnosis in Human Relations Counseling||3|
|H R 5493||Assessment and Evaluation in Human Relations||3|
|H R 5633||Advanced Counseling Skills||3|
|H R 5663||Psychopathology||3|
|H R 5200||Internship In Human Relations 1||6|
|Choose 27 additional hours of counseling electives 2||27|
|Total Credit Hours||60|
Students must complete 9 hours of core requirements, 18 hours of required counseling courses, and 18 hours of electives prior to enrolling in internship.
These electives must come from the LPC course list and will be approved by the graduate liason.
- No more than ½ of course work can be S/U graded.
- For Non-Thesis students, at least 75% of your course work (27 hours), including the two core courses, must be completed before you take your comprehensive exam.
MHR Transfer Credit Guidelines
- MHR students may transfer no more than 9 hours of graduate credit from other universities. These credits must be evaluated by the university. They may not be applied toward individual course requirements without prior graduate liaison approval.
- Other OU Graduate Classes: No more than 9 hours of graduate credit taken in other OU programs may be used toward the MHR degree. These hours must be approved by the MHR graduate liaison.
- MHR students may not apply more than 9 combined hours of transfer credit and OU credit outside the HR program.
- A letter must accompany all transfer hours from the school-of-origin stating which LPC course requirement the course(s) fulfill. These transfer hours will then get departmental approval.
- At least 39 hours of a student's coursework must be in classroom-based HR classes. Internship is not classroom-based and therefore cannot be counted as part of the 39 hours of classroom-based work. Other University of Oklahoma courses and transfer hours do not count as part of these 39 hours.
General Requirements for all Master's Degrees
The master’s degree requires the equivalent of at least two semesters of satisfactory graduate work and additional work as may be prescribed for the degree.
All coursework applied to the master’s degree must carry graduate credit.
Master’s degree programs which require a thesis consist of at least 30 credit hours. All non-thesis master’s degree programs require at least 30 credit hours.
Credit transferred from other institutions must meet specific criteria and is subject to certain limitations.
Courses completed through correspondence study may not be applied to the master’s degree.
To qualify for a graduate degree, students must achieve an overall grade point average of 3.0 or higher in the degree program coursework and in all resident graduate coursework attempted. A student must also have at least a 3.0 in all coursework (including undergraduate coursework if any).
Additional information for master's degree students may be found in the Graduate College Bulletin.