Clinical Professional Counseling, M.Ed.

View Checksheet

Minimum Total Hours (Non-Thesis): 60

Program Code: M203

  • This program is Non-Thesis only.

Program Requirements

Required Courses
EDPC 5113Human Development3
EDPC 5253Assessment in Counseling3
EDPC 5263Professional Issues and Ethics in Counseling3
EDPC 5413Occupational Information--Career Development3
EDPC 5423Methods and Techniques of Counseling3
EDPC 5433Theories and Techniques of Group Counseling3
EDPC 5453Social & Cultural Diversity3
EDPC 5473Counseling Theories3
EDPC 5483Diagnosis & Treatment in Counseling3
EDPC 5513Introduction to Abuse and Addictions Theory and Treatment3
EDPC 5653Crisis Counseling3
EDPC 5913Practicum in Counseling--Master's3
EDPC 5923Internship in Professional Counseling (3 hours in Fall & 3 hours in Spring, taken sequentially for a total of 6 hours)6
EIPT 5033Introduction to Research and Evaluation in Education3
EIPT 5203Assessment and Evaluation in Education and Counseling3
Choose 12 hours with approval of advisor and Graduate Liaison12
Total Credit Hours60

General Requirements for all Master's Degrees

The master’s degree requires the equivalent of at least two semesters of satisfactory graduate work and additional work as may be prescribed for the degree.

All coursework applied to the master’s degree must carry graduate credit.

Master’s degree programs which require a thesis consist of at least 30 credit hours. All non-thesis master’s degree programs require at least 30 credit hours.

Credit transferred from other institutions must meet specific criteria and is subject to certain limitations.

Courses completed through correspondence study may not be applied to the master’s degree.

To qualify for a graduate degree, students must achieve an overall grade point average of 3.0 or higher in the degree program coursework and in all resident graduate coursework attempted. A student must also have at least a 3.0 in all coursework (including undergraduate coursework if any).

Additional information for master's degree students may be found in the Graduate College Bulletin.