Adult & Higher Education: Intercollegiate Athletic Administration, M.Ed.

View Checksheet

Minimum Total Hours (Non-Thesis): 36

Program Code: M005 Q377

  • This program is Non-Thesis Only.

Required Courses
EDAH 5013The Adult Learner3
EDAH 5023Administration of Adult and Higher Education3
EDAH 5033Critical Literature in Adult and Higher Education3
EDAH 5043Introduction to Research in Adult and Higher Education3
Core Courses - Emphasis in Intercollegiate Athletic Administration
Choose 12 hours from the Intercollegiate Athletic Administration Courses list, as approved by faculty advisor from the list of approved courses maintained in the department12
Social Foundations IAA Concentration Requirement
Choose one course from the following: 13
Inclusive Praxis in Intercollegiate Athletics
Gender in Intercollegiate Athletics
Race & Ethnicity in Intercollegiate Athletics
Choose 9 hours of any OU graduate-level courses approved by the student's IAA Faculty Advisor9
Total Credit Hours36

Students may take additional Social Foundations coursework, but only one will serve as the concentration requirement.

General Requirements for all Master's Degrees

The master’s degree requires the equivalent of at least two semesters of satisfactory graduate work and additional work as may be prescribed for the degree.

All coursework applied to the master’s degree must carry graduate credit.

Master’s degree programs which require a thesis consist of at least 30 credit hours. All non-thesis master’s degree programs require at least 30 credit hours.

Credit transferred from other institutions must meet specific criteria and is subject to certain limitations.

Courses completed through correspondence study may not be applied to the master’s degree.

To qualify for a graduate degree, students must achieve an overall grade point average of 3.0 or higher in the degree program coursework and in all resident graduate coursework attempted. A student must also have at least a 3.0 in all coursework (including undergraduate coursework if any).

Additional information for master's degree students may be found in the Graduate College Bulletin.