Landscape Architecture, M.L.A.

View Checksheet

Minimum Total Hours (Non-Thesis): 62

Program Code: M620

Required Courses

Required Courses
L A 5515Landscape Architecture Introductory Graduate Studio I5
L A 5525Landscape Architecture Introductory Graduate Studio II5
L A 5535Landscape Architecture Intermediate Graduate Studio III5
L A 5545Landscape Architecture Intermediate Graduate Studio IV5
L A 5243Landscape Architecture Technology: Materials and Construction3
L A 5343Landscape Architecture Technology: Site Issues3
L A 5513Landscape Architecture Drawing and Graphics3
L A 5613Landscape Architecture Computer Applications3
L A 5713Plant Material and Technology3
L A 5923Planting Design3
L A 5943History and Theory of Landscape Architecture3
L A 5950Graduate Project Proposal2
L A 6950Applied Research in Landscape Architecture2
L A 6595Graduate Project5
L A 6643Urban Design Theory3
L A 5402Res Methods Landscape Arch2
L A 5940Field Work2
Professional Practice Requirement
Choose 2 hours from approved list2
Advanced Professional Electives
Choose a minimum of 3 hours 13
Total Credit Hours62

General Requirements for all Master's Degrees

The master’s degree requires the equivalent of at least two semesters of satisfactory graduate work and additional work as may be prescribed for the degree.

All coursework applied to the master’s degree must carry graduate credit.

Master’s degree programs which require a thesis consist of at least 30 credit hours. All non-thesis master’s degree programs require at least 30 credit hours.

Credit transferred from other institutions must meet specific criteria and is subject to certain limitations.

Courses completed through correspondence study may not be applied to the master’s degree.

To qualify for a graduate degree, students must achieve an overall grade point average of 3.0 or higher in the degree program coursework and in all resident graduate coursework attempted. A student must also have at least a 3.0 in all coursework (including undergraduate coursework if any).

Additional information for master's degree students may be found in the Graduate College Bulletin.