The OU Difference
You can get a college degree at any of hundreds of colleges, but you can only get an OU degree from the University of Oklahoma. Whatever your field of study, your life will be enriched by experiences both inside and outside the classroom.
Contributing to the OU difference are:
- An outstanding and internationally recognized faculty to serve as your teachers, mentors, role models, and guides through your college years;
- Over 160 majors at the baccalaureate level, more than 200 majors at the graduate level, and 45 graduate certificates.
- Professional programs in law, medicine, dentistry, the health professions, and various master’s dual degree programs;
- An emphasis on sound academic advising and orientation for all students;
- A focused general education program;
- Funded research opportunities for students;
- A nationally recognized Honors College;
- The opportunity to study abroad at universities on five continents; and
- A culturally diverse campus community providing a supportive environment for students of all cultural backgrounds.
The wide variety of academic programs, the dedicated faculty, the multicultural and international student body, the unique resources, the friendly and supportive community, and the traditions developed during 129 years of striving for academic excellence all contribute to the OU difference — a difference you will benefit from and contribute to as an OU student and alumnus.
Also contributing to the OU difference is a wealth of special programs, facilities, and resources: