Chemical, Biological, and Materials Engineering Doctoral Programs
2019 CHANGES PENDING APPROVAL
This page does not reflect changes currently under review for the 2019-20 catalog year.
The School of Chemical, Biological and Materials Engineering offers the Doctor of Philosophy degree program in Chemical Engineering. Students can apply directly for the Ph.D. degree without obtaining an M.S. degree first.
The program requires a total of 90 hours:
- 12 hours required coursework: CH E 5183, CH E 6723, CH E 5843, and CH E 5523
- 18 hours of electives: 6 hours of graduate level chemical engineering electives and 12 hours of science, math, or engineering electives.
- 1-8 hours of Research Seminars CH E 5971
- 46-59 hours of Dissertation Research CH E 6980
- additional coursework as necessary to reach 90 hours beyond the baccalaureate degree, as approved by the student's advisory conference committee