History of Medicine, Minor
Minimum Total Credit Hours: 15
Minimum Upper-Division Hours: 9
Program Code: N508
- The requirements for a minor must be completed concurrently with the major degree requirements.
- No minor may be added by completing courses after receiving the bachelor’s degree.
At least six (6) credit hours must be earned in courses acceptable for residence credit by standards set forth by the College of Arts and Sciences, excluding transfer, correspondence, and examination (AP, CLEP, Advanced Standing) credit. Courses for the minor may not be taken Pass/No Pass.
Students must successfully complete at least 15 hours of coursework, including at least nine (9) hours at the upper-division level.
No single course may be used by a student to satisfy a major requirement and a minor requirement. A course may be used, however, to satisfy both a major support requirement and a minor requirement.
Requests to substitute a minor requirement must be approved in writing by the Department of The History of Science.
A grade of C or better must be earned for each course presented for minor credit.
|Choose 15 hours from the following:||15|
|Introduction to Health, Medicine and Society|
|Science, Nature and Society: Historical Perspectives|
|Gender Issues in Science, Technology and Medicine|
|Women and Medicine|
|Race and Science|
|History of Public Health|
|Of Acupuncture, Medicine Men & Ayurveda: Indigenous & Non-Western Medicine in Perspective|
|Introduction to Disability Studies|
|Modern Medicine - A Historical Introduction|
|Health, Medicine and Society Capstone|
|Total Credit Hours||15|
- A list of HSCI/HMS courses with variable content is available in the department that may also count with the prior approval of the HSCI undergraduate studies committee.
- Up to six hours of non-HSCI or HMS courses from a list of approved courses maintained in the department may be applied to the minor.
- Courses not previously listed, which are deemed to have appropriate content, may be applied towards the minor with the prior approval of the HSCI undergraduate committee.
Minors in the College of Arts & Sciences are available to all undergraduate students at OU. If the minor is officially declared, successfully completed, and noted on the graduation application, the student’s transcript will so indicate at the time the bachelor’s degree is posted.
Approved April 2018