Classical Culture, Minor
Minimum Total Credit Hours: 15
Minimum Upper-Division Hours: 12
Program Code: N205
The requirements for a minor must be completed concurrently with the major degree requirements.
No minor may be added by completing courses after receiving the bachelor’s degree.
At least six (6) credit hours must be earned in courses acceptable for residence credit by standards set forth by the College of Arts and Sciences, excluding transfer, correspondence, and examination (AP, CLEP, Advanced Standing) credit. Courses for the minor may not be taken Pass/ No Pass.
Students must successfully complete at least 15 hours of courses acceptable for major credit in Classical Culture. At least 12 hours must be earned in upper-division Classical Culture (CL C) courses.
No single course may be used by a student to satisfy a major requirement and a minor requirement. A course may be used, however, to satisfy both a major support requirement and a minor requirement.
Requests to substitute a minor requirement must be approved in writing by the Department of Classics.
- Neither CL C 1412, nor CL C 2413, may be counted toward the Classical Culture minor.
- With prior approval of the Classics Department Chair, the following substitutions may be made:
- Three (3) hours of upper-division work in Latin or Greek courses.
- Three (3) hours of upper-division credit in Ancient History, Ancient Philosophy, or in other related courses.
|Select at least 15 hours of courses acceptable for major credit in Classical Culture. At least twelve (12) of these hours must be upper division Classical Culture (CL C) courses||15|
|Total Credit Hours||15|
- Minors in the College of Arts & Sciences are available to all undergraduate students at OU. If the minor is officially declared, successfully completed, and noted on the graduation application, the student’s transcript will so indicate at the time the bachelor’s degree is posted.
- Approved June 2002